• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

What's this? (part two) - Instrument Thru-hull

bill glasco

Quo Vadis
E23-2 1975 just foward of the mast post in the cabin between the post and the foward berth housing there is a small square panel. Pull it up and you have a large plug with stopper in it. When you pull the plug it looks like the whole lake is flooding in!!!?? what the heck is this plug for,,,is it a thru hull? the boat is on the water and ive never had it out of the water in the short time ive owned it. And no,,it is not for the head because on the sole to port of this plug is the two thru hulls for the marine head. any help you can give please do,,if need be i can get pics but im sure someone else has pulled this plug while in the water b4 too and freaked lol.

WhiteNoise

Member III
stopper plug

Sounds like the thru hull for the knotmeter. They make them that way so you can take it out to avoid growth. Typically you would take it out and "plug" the hole with the stopper.

FullTilt E28

Member III
E23-2 1975 just foward of the mast post in the cabin between the post and the foward berth housing there is a small square panel. Pull it up and you have a large plug with stopper in it. When you pull the plug it looks like the whole lake is flooding in!!!?? what the heck is this plug for,,,is it a thru hull? the boat is on the water and ive never had it out of the water in the short time ive owned it. And no,,it is not for the head because on the sole to port of this plug is the two thru hulls for the marine head. any help you can give please do,,if need be i can get pics but im sure someone else has pulled this plug while in the water b4 too and freaked lol.

Knot meter or depth sensor through hull fitting. Thats what your describing

sleather

Sustaining Member
No plug in mine('79)! At least not in the bilge well.:confused:

I've got a speedo transducer thru-hull under the berth to port and have to change out the plug for the paddle wheel unit after I launch because it doesn't mix well w/ the trailer rollers. It's always exciting for a second or two!:eek:

Pic would help! Got me stumped!:confused:

*Mine's a tube about 3" long w/ a screw-on top and a metal bail to pull the plug.

**Fixed keel?.............I see it is. That explains alot!

HEY BILL, did you ever sell your spinnaker pole?

Attachments

• speedo.JPG
    speedo.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Bob in Va

Member III
plug and hole

Sounds to me like an added drain - not factory, but put in so the bilge could be emptied when the boat is pulled out.

bill glasco

Quo Vadis
yep

that is what it looks like altho mine is black. it is a fixed keel but mine is not in the berth area nor canted to the side, its straight thru the bottom of the small square compartment just foward of the mast support. ill get pic this weekend. and no,,,i did not sell the spinnaker pole yet,,,interested let me know. not sure how we could ship it tho,,might not be very cost effective.

mgray003

Member II
Bill,
I live about 375 miles from Dallas. I've been checking and think maybe your pole is a little short for my e25....don't know for sure. I need to check with someone about that.
Mg