• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cheap Beer Chicken

Kim Schoedel

Member III
This is so simple even I can do it. You know how easy it is to dry out boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the grill? Yep, we have all done it. So, here is the cure.

Take a few chicken breasts, frozen or not. Put them in a good heavy zip lock type bag (I just double up the bargain bags), pour a can or more of beer in, add some of your favorite seasoning, such as garlic, basil, fresh parsley is great, salt and pepper, fresh lemon juice with some lemon zest (thin shavings of lemon peal, just the yellow part, not the white part) or lime. Shake it up a bit to mix the spices.

Marinate for as long as you want, at least 2 or 3 hours. Throw them on a nice hot grill, sear both sides quickly then turn down the heat and finish them off on low. Because of the sugar content in the beer, be careful not to end up with blackend chicken. You can actually over cook the chicken and it will still be moist! Any left over chicken can be sliced up later for chicken salad.

The also works great with cheap white wine, you can even put both wine and beer in. My favorite cooking wine is Carlo Rosi Rhine wine. Only $8-$10 for a gallon and it doesn't have as much sugar in it that a chablis has.

Many times my wife and I will just throw all of this together in the morning before going to the boat for the weekend. We have marinated for a couple of days a few times.

Enjoy!

msFootrope

Cooking with Beer

This sounds great! Craig and I have used beer as a marinade when cooking fish on the grill, but it never occurred to me to use it with chicken. I'd given up on grilling chicken because it always seems to get "overcooked," but maybe I'll have to try it again using this recipe. Thanks for the idea!

Kim Schoedel

Member III
You are welcome. The neat thing is that you can vary spices until you get a good combo going. unless you torch it real bad, it always seems to come out moist. Happy Grilling!