• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Impeller part #

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I have searched the archives and cannot find what I need. Does anyone have the part number for the oberdorfer impeller on my M25XP?

Chris A.

Member III

Hey Tim,

The part number Erich gave from the manual is no longer in use by oberdorfer and I found it hard to cross reference. The current oberdorfer impeller part # for their current model pump is 6593. I'm not absolutely clear if these fit on our pumps but PYS has a bunch of the correct impellers for us, along with the paper style cover gasket and snap rings. Just tell them the engine model. Hamilton and Boater's world were not able to find me an impeller to fit.

BTW, Oberdorfer told me on the phone that the cover gasket they make now is a rubber o-ring type, but I wasn't able to find that at PYS and I don't know for sure if it will fit our pumps.

Hope that helps,
Chris

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Thanks Chris. I brought an old impeller in today to try and match up at Hamilton's but it sounds like you already tried this. As much as I hate giving any business to PYS, I guess I will have to.

Is the mast stepped? Are you in POrtland?

We have finished the interior varnishing and I finished up the bottom paint this morning. All the new portlights are in and I have a handfull of interior projects to finish up before Tuesday. I took a long weekend to be sure I am ready on Tuesday.

Chris A.

Member III
We're in

Splashed on May 1 and the rig looks good. At Brewer's for the moment but will likely move the boat this weekend. Let me know if you need a hand w/ Cordelia...

Catch you on the back channel...

-Chris

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Snap Ring Around The Rosie

I've figured out that I'm really good at breaking the snap ring on my Sherwood impeller. I've run out of boat yard favors and need to develop my own stock of them. Original Sherwood/Westerbeke # is 299893. Found them fir $4 a piece at Toad plus like $10 shipping which just feels morally wrong. Can I find a generic equivalent at a car part mart or hardware store without causing some other amusing failure?

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Snap Ring Cycle

Wow, the promised land of snap rings. Thanks! I love how I can go to bed thinking about something and the west coast comes through overnight.