• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E32 - Area under Hanging Locker

dave.hackett

I was cleaning out the hanging locker this spring and noticed that there is potentially a fair sized area under a plywood sheet. The end closes to the hull is fiberglassed in so I didn't take out the screws to look inside, so I'm wondering if anyone else has looked inside. Does anyone know if this is usable space?

DaveH

Glyn Judson

Area under the hanging locker.

Dave, The E31 also has the same setup but without the glass tape to the hull. It's not too big in there but enough space for my sintered bronze ground plate bolts to be located. Additionally the hanging locker traditionally gets mildew from lack of air flow and moisture so I have permanently fitted a 12" Goldenrod dehumidifier in there directly under several 1 1/2" holes drilled into that plywood floor. I also put two louvered vents in the locker, one at the bottom of the door and the other at the top of the locker facing the V-berth. I have an old slide projector fan right behind the upper one that has run for the last ten years when hooked up most of the time to shore power in our slip. I suppose you could use it for storing a few paper towel rolls or the like in there. If you do use it for storage be sure to paint the interior first to prevent getting fiberglass, etc into anything. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA.

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Dave,

There is some usable space in there.

I cut an access panel in the bottom of the hanging locker in our old boat. Not a ton of space, but those 32's really need every bit of storage you can find.