• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

e23 winch question.....

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
winch,JPG.jpg

so....what type of winch are these? is there a winch handle used, the slot on top is sort of a sidewase "affair" w/no winch "hole" in the top...i am guessin' no handles are used....are these hard to find? and lastly...aprox how much would you guess a replacement would run?...thanx !! ( maybe i should just replace both ? ) :egrin:

Glyn Judson

What kind of winch handle do you need?

Yours predate my familiarity with that style but I think they might be Merriman or Wilcox Crittenden but can be another brand too. Others on this list will know for sure. I'll bet Loren can help, he's older than me. ; - ) You'll have to search for a handle that looks like this one currently on eBay #140221825587. That's NOT the one you need, but the one you need will be bronze and look similar. I see them from time to time on eBay so be patient and search for "winch handle" every once in a while and one will eventually pop up. In the meantime, measure the slot so you'll know what you need and email the seller when you find one. Good luck, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey,CA.

rbonilla

oh, i see...it just slides into the side vs. the top, ea?...interesting...thans for the tip...i'll keep my eye open for e bay items that may match up...

Yours predate my familiarity with that style but I think they might be Merriman or Wilcox Crittenden but can be another brand too. Others on this list will know for sure. I'll bet Loren can help, he's older than me. ; - ) You'll have to search for a handle that looks like this one currently on eBay #140221825587. That's NOT the one you need, but the one you need will be bronze and look similar. I see them from time to time on eBay so be patient and search for "winch handle" every once in a while and one will eventually pop up. In the meantime, measure the slot so you'll know what you need and email the seller when you find one. Good luck, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey,CA.

rbonilla

ok, I finally got a chance to drop by and measure...the winch is:
3.5" across the top ( edge to edge ) the slot is .5" tall, 1.5" wide...

thanx