• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hinge plate mast step for the first time

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
I stepped my mast for the first time with the tabernacle or hinge step plate that I built from the drawings shown in the E27 and partially in the E29 manual (this is stated for the 27 and 29 on the drawing).

I should have sold tickets at the club for watching, there was a large crowd there to cheer me own but I think it was NASCAR a few there to see the crash. The uppers and forestay in place and the harness from the shrouds and the two headsail halyards attached to the top of the harness the two main halyards to the boom and a line from the boom to the jib blocks at the back of the track and on the big winches as safeties, and the mainsheet, it was show time. Two of us on the fore deck started to place a shoulder under the mast to assist lifting, I asked the friends on the lines and main to tighten up and the mast lifted off our shoulders.

The process was so smooth I couldn’t believe it, Lowering the boom was like letting out the main in a medium breeze.

The float on mods to the trailer made it so easy to trailer, a drive on power boat.

I will attach pictures soon.