• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

new panels on 36c

Jon Libby

Member II
Well the boat is on it's way back together. Here is a photo of my new nav station veiwed from the hatch above it. I built a frame out about 3 inches to surface mount all panels. Funny thing about that port, not all ports on this boat are in the same location, some are more centered which would have made it a lot easier to built this area. But then that would have given less room for instruments in the cockpit area. Now all the connections are neatly behind the hinged panel system. I also installed a 1500 watt inverter/75 amp charger by Xantrex. Very nice unit with the link 1000. Lots of room to add more stuff, and we have a long list of needs. Next weekend new wires for the 600 amp/hr battery system.

For more story and photos follow Arlines Blog.

Attachments

• new nav station.jpg
    new nav station.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 189

Glyn Judson

Nice installation.

Jon, Nice job making the box for the Blue Sea(?) panels but from what I've seen before on your site, I wouldn't have expected anything less. Congratulations, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Keith Bozenda

John, I have been keeping up on your other web page looks great. I have been thinking about a set up like that. same boat but a totally different nav. station. You do give me some ideas I'd like to steal off of you. Keith Bozenda E36C #24

Jon Libby

Member II
Blue Sea

Glyn,

Yes that is blue sea, I liked the looks of the new 360? series but it was not in full production when we bought these. I'm a little dissapointed with the stuff. The back side where all the work is done, the screws for the load of the breakers are all at a 90 degree angle with the face plane. In other words. you need a real short, but not too fat driver, so as not to hit the bus bars of the next row of breakers. A little angle on this screw would make it way too easly.

And a "to scale" drawing or templete for the larger panels should have been included too. I spend one whole night scaling, drawing and cutting the one large DC panel.

But thats just me.:esad:

Thanks for looking.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Love that wheel

Nice job on the nav station and the wheel, John. Where is the nav station in relation to the companionway ladder on the 36C?

Jon Libby

Member II
Nav Station location

If you go down the ladder turn left and go aft into the aft bunk or cabin, it is shared with that space. The port light in that picture is looking into the cockpit. You can see the port lazertte lid though that same port. It really is a great location. You can be in the nav station (Radio room) and communicate with the cockpit very well. Acess to the head from that aft cabin is possible too, as well as from the main salon.

We really do love the lay out.

Thanks for watching. I'll tell Arline about your love of her work. All the bright work is hers. She wanted it, she keeps it bright.:egrin: