• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

scupper/sink plumbing on '75 E-27

marcusn

Member II
I recently had someone help me replace the T behind the sink. I'm referring to the T that collects the two port side skuppers (divided cockpit). It appears the work was done using various PVC fixtures, with a combination of compression fittings, and pvc glued fittings. From the P trap under the sink, to the the T that connects the two skupper hoses, to the seacocks. The PVC appears to be everyday household PVC.

Should I be concerned about this? Seems like on certain sailing angles, water will be putting pressure on these fittings.

I think they guy who did the work is pretty well versed in boat plumbing, but I'm just not sure he did it the way I had imagined it to be done.

Thoughts?

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Pvc

It is such a short run, you could consider schedule 80 PVC, instead of schedule 40 PVC. It is must stonger, greater wall thickness and ages better. It wouldn't cost that much more and there is little pressure on the plumbing, but shedule 40 does get very brittle over time. ABS is also less brittle over time. My sink has a piece of flex hose that allows for some movement. I don't know if that is an important consider or not? I close the seacocks everytime I leave the boat.
KJ

Last edited: