• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

23-2 Mainsheet traveler conversion

TwistedLogic

Member II
Apparently, I have one of the few remaining 23-2's without a main sheet traveler. Just a padeye on the cockpit sole.
Now that I have a new paint job, bottom paint, new main, and outboard motor, I guess its time to shake the piggy bank again and upgrade the sail controls.
So all of you who have a traveler; what wisdom, ideas and photos can you share.
Mounting methods, configurations, lengths, brand names, models...
I see no reason to re-invent the wheel and would love to benefit from your experiences.
Thanks for your help.
:egrin:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Travelers Assurance

No your not alone. Rainbow-t asked the same thing a few months back. Mine HAD a full width Harken mounted just forward of the hatches and I found it annoying for lounging or entertaining in the cockpit, so I cut it down so it just bridges the footwell and it's adequate for main control. Boat's still covered up, damn weather is still playing tricks(67* today), and I'll get some picks SOON.

Having a traveler on these boats is really important IMHO. I've upgraded every boat I've owned to "racing" hardware. You'll really notice the difference in boat control.