• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Galvanic (Hot Marina Testing)

Tom Plummer

Member III
Anyone know how to test a marina for a hot boat? For that matter it is possably the facility is leaking. So how would you test for that?

Mike T

Member I
Galvanic / Stray current testing

Tom, Check out David Rifkins web site at www.qualitymarineservices.net , also google "David Rifkin IBEX". Two presentations by him at IBEX should come up that show how to check for stray current. If you believe you have a problem you may want to talk to David directly and he should be able to direct you to someone in your area who is trained to do corrosion / stray current surveys. The process is very involved and the person checking for stray current needs to understand and be experienced with the electrical properties involved.

Michael Tock S.A.

1978 Ericson 30-2 "Asgard"

wurzner

Member III
Multimeter and Calibrated Zinc

Thom,
There is a local guy who presents are Milltown Sailing each year who uses a calibrated zinc to a multimeter to give you an exact reading. Otherwise, you can attach a very small piece of zinc to a DVM lead, drop it in the water, and then test various points on your boat. I'll see if I can come up with the specifics since he provided handouts.

regards
shaun