• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1975 e27 gooseneck

marcusn

Member II
The mast/boom gooseneck fitting is missing on a boat I recently purchased.
Anyone know where I can get one?
Here's a pic of whats on the end of the boom.
The mast track doesn't have anything on it to attach this to.

Attachments

• boom.jpg
    boom.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 154

sleather

Sustaining Member
Goose necking

It may be floating around loose in the boat somewhere.

My 23 is exactly the same and the original cast one broke. The PO fabricated 2 new ones from billet stock and, I hate to say it, I'm loath to part w/ the spare. I can however provide the dimensions to have one made. Let me know if you want a sketch.

Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

• BOOM.JPG
    BOOM.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 178

marcusn

Member II
gooseneck

Found it!

When I bought the boat in late fall, I put 30+ years of 'stuff' in two piles.
One pile was GARBAGE.
The second pile, anything I thought might be useful/handy, or anything I couldn't immediately know what it was. The gooseneck fell into the second category.

One less thing to buy!
or, said another way,
Now I have money to buy something else for the boat!

marcusn

Member II
Gooseneck/pin

After inspecting it all further today, I've got a question about the pin that inserts into the gooseneck to hold it all together.
The one pin I have seems to want to drop in from the top, but it won't really fit due to the 'head' part of the pin on the thumb-release end being too wide.

Can anyone describe for me further what type pin they use? Or, better yet, a picture (saving you a thousand words).

Thanks

sleather

Sustaining Member
Pin

Marcus, The pin(on mine) is 3"lg x 1/4" w/ a spring loaded ball on the "inny" end and it "had" a split ring which I removed. It's basically a friction fit(tap in). You can see the top of it in the pic above(if you blow it up). If yours is missing you could probably use a 1/4" bolt w/ a "smooth section" long enough to extend thru the gooseneck. Pretty sure the 1/4" x 3" ball pin is a standard WM item also.

Last edited: