• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Skupper issue on e27

marcusn

Member II
This particularly harsh winter in the midwest has caused two of my skupper fittings to blow -- due to freezing and thawing cycles, and me not covering the cockpit.

One of the two I'll need to replace a PVC fitting that broke apart.

The second (see attached pic taken under the starboard berth - shows how the fitting has slipped out) the connection has broken directly behind the grate that sits on the cockpit floor. It appears it might have been attached directly to the fiberglass sides of the 'hole' with some sort of adhesive. Does anyone know how these straight walled fitting were originally 'snugged' to the capping grate?

Thank you, oh wise and wonderful Ericson owners!

Attachments

• Skupper group.jpg
    Skupper group.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 41

sleather

Sustaining Member
Ice

Ice is not your friend when it comes to boats:esad:In fact what good is it? aside from cocktail hour.

That doesn't appear to be the original setup, perhaps a past failure. The holes indicate that there was a different fitting there originally and I "doubt" that that PVC fitting was a factory item.

I would replace the whole unit AND the hose AND more than likely the old gate type tru-hull fitting.