• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E32 vs E32

Bardo

Member II
A newbie question: What is the difference between E 32, E 32-200 and E32-300? I gather that the last 2 are newer models, but it isn't clear from the ads that I am reading.
Thanks,
Freeman

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
32 Feet of Ericson...

A newbie question: What is the difference between E 32, E 32-200 and E32-300? I gather that the last 2 are newer models, but it isn't clear from the ads that I am reading.
Thanks,
Freeman

First Ericson 32 was a very different looking boat in the 60's, and usually called the Mk1 -- not too many are around. Check out this thread: http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=3770&referrerid=28

The long production run of the familiar E-32/2, was from late 60's -- early 70's... to about '79 or 80.
By the early-mid 80's they started building a completely redesigned 32 model that became available with two different interiors, the forward-head E-32-3, and the aft-head ("tri cabin") E-32-200.

I am probably off a bit in which years these started and stopped... but
others can fill in the details better.

AFAIK, there is no such thing as a "300."

Now, just to add confusion, when PSC bought up the tooling for the late 80's 32/200, the 34, and the 38/200, they changed the model designations a bit.
I believe that they called the E-32/200 the model E-330.
Anyone else? Help!
Class??

Regards,
Loren

Last edited:

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Close Enough. :) I think PSC called it an E-333... some kind of mythical beast that they probably only made a couple of at best.

Theres a lot of confusion with the names of them... best way to tell them apart is the year.

You can check out TPEnders (who's a member here) site http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Concourse/8326/ericson.htm which has more information that you'd ever want on E32s.

Last edited:

ChrisS

Member III
Practical Sailor

The Practical Sailor review gives a general overview of and differences between the 32-2 and 32-3.