• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

adding extra batteries E34

jdeboer

Member I
I'm increasing the battery bank on my 1987 E34, and would like to find out where others have placed more batteries (pictues welcome if you have them!)

Currently I have 2 group 31 in the molded battery place next to fuel tank, and 1 starter temp. attached in the place forward of to the fueltank, near the engine shaft log.

I would like to add 2 more group 31, so my total housebank is approx 400amp.

Did anyone add extra in the lazerette?

Thanks,
Jolanda
Ericson 34, Lena, Berkeley

Shadowfax

Member III
Yes, I did. I built a platform under where the engine gages are and mounted two batteries here. These connect with another in the aft cabin to make a three battery house bank

Chris A.

Member III
E34 battery space

We have the same boat w/ the bank size that you're looking for- but none of the batteries are in the lazarette. We have a group 24 starter battery in the molded bin in the aft cabin, then 4 group 31s for the house bank. Two of these are located in the setee locker just forward of the galley sink and then 1 each under the port and starboard setees, in their respective aft most lockers. They are all Lifeline AGMs, which might matter only in that the port and starboard setee mounts are angled quite a bit to make them fit in the locker with the curvature of the hull.

They do kill some useful locker space this way.

There's not much to take pictures of, but I'd be happy to try to get some if that would be helpful.

Last edited:

jdeboer

Member I
Thank you both! Always helpful to get new perspectives, and i'm going to see how I can make mine fit there too.

Happy sailing and fair winds,
Jolanda