• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Galley Sink

treilley

Sustaining Partner
After 2 seasons we finally got fed up with the miniature galley sink in our 35-3 that our plates would not even sit flat in. I searched all over to find the right size sink and faucet that would fit without doing major cutting. The sink is an Elkay 17x17x6 and the faucet is a chrome plated brass Plastimo that rotates and has a pull out sprayer.

The one issue with the sink is that there is no room to use the factory clips to hold it down. I actually removed the spot welded tracks from the sink itself and will use an adhesive to attach it to the counter.

As you can see the faucet sits very far back in that wasted space behind the original sink. Because of this the flip down trash bin door had to go. I will cut the opening bigger and frame it out the same as the cabinet behind the stove. I will also add sliding doors to match.

Attachments

• cutout.jpg
    cutout.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 113
  • sink.jpg
    sink.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 112

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Looks Good

Nice. We share your frustrations on the OEM sink, and may do the same eventually as well. And I like your idea of a larger opening and a slider on the trash-bin. I'd love to see pics when the project is finished.

Last edited:

Capt Jeff

Member I
The sink hates me in mine!

Ditto! Everytime I use my sink OEM I get water everwhere due to pots, pans and dishes not fitting inside the sink while I rinse! Where did you find the new sink and how much?

Thanks, Jeff

Steve

Member III
How About the manual fresh and salt water supplies?

Looks good... I'm not showing this to the Admiral yet... I know her remarks.. "You can do that too, or I'm not going sailing until I get a bigger sink etc...%&#!!"

Will you be replacing the manual salt and fresh water supply? Kind of a Ericson trademark galley item.. however can't say we use them much, but always a working backup.

Steve

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I will be putting those back in although I have removed the salt water supply and used the seacock for a washdown pump. So the 2 manual faucets are fresh water and ice box pumpout.

Doug177

Member III
Elkay Sink getting harder to find.....$$$...Alternative available.

I just got a SS 304 18 Gauge Sink from Just Mfg Company in Chicago. Self Rimming, drop in model. Priced about the same as the 17 x 17 Elkay size, thicker steel AND
10 inches deep. Great Service, Great folks. Model SLX-2017-A-GR Made in USA. 316 SS is available for $150 more. So the bowl dimensions inside are 14 x 14 x 10 deep.

Doug
E35-3 Flicka