• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-38 Plans

ayachtguy

I have a set of plans for the Ericson 38 that I'd like to sell.

There are 10 large sheets, mostly 1" to 1', that I assume were used during original construction. Included are two sheets of deck plans and two sheets of deck plans showing optional gear, both dated Aug. '79 and drawn by Charles Newman. There is a sailplan from Bruce King's office dated June '79 drawn by Joe Artese. There is a hull profile showing waterline, an accommodation plan, electrical plan, plumbing plan, and floor beam plan.

I was going to put them on eBay, but then thought that someone in the Ericson club might need them. I'd like to get $50 plus shipping costs from Florida.

cjcaswell@earthlink.net

wurzner

Member III
CJ,

Can you send a some low resolution photos? It seems like a lot of is contained in them are in our manuals. I'd be interested in buy them to make them available to all the 38 owners out there.

Sean, can you tell me if we could post them in the archives so others who want them could pull them donw? I think this would be useful information since we don't have the option of going to the factory.

thanks
shaun

ayachtguy

38 Plan Pix

Attached are three shots, with three more to come in next message. Not my best work, sadly, but probably good enough to get an idea. Don't know how good the 38 manuals were, but these strike me as fairly detailed. Should help someone trying to chase a wire or replace gear. These are from the electrical and plumbing sheets.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 113

ayachtguy

Here's another three of the 38 plans pix.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 100

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Yes.

CJ,
Can you send a some low resolution photos? It seems like a lot of is contained in them are in our manuals. I'd be interested in buy them to make them available to all the 38 owners out there.

Sean, can you tell me if we could post them in the archives so others who want them could pull them down? I think this would be useful information since we don't have the option of going to the factory.

thanks

shaun

Yes, such plans can be scanned (I have access to a 42" barrel scanner at school), however the quality of the original needs to be good. Original blue plans like these could be scanned with good results. I've had other copies-of-plans sent to me which were not as good...

//sse

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I have a set also. Sean, if you want to try to scan them we can arrange to meet sometime. A couple are in pretty bad shape, water damaged and faint. What they need is a good whiff of ammonia.

ligolaiva38

Member II
Sean,
I also have some Ericson 381 plans from 1983. As I recall included are electrical, plumbing, and boat mast blueprints with demensions etc. If you are interested, I can loan them to you to copy, but I would like to receive them back when you are done.

John
E 381 Laiva