• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Dinghy Mystery

jthistle

Member II
Hi Folks. I wasn't sure where to post this but here goes. I'm looking for an ID on the dinghy that came with my 35-2. Its an oldy but might be able to do some service as a sailing dinghy for the kids or a small tender for the mother ship. Anybody know anything about rigging this boat. I have to get a rig and build a daggerboard box. It seems that it was converted to a row boat - I'd like to change it back to a sailing dinghy.

I've been in touch with Anna at Dyerboats and she's sure its not one of theirs. Seems the hull stamp is wrong. The stamp number is AFCDS 0471 I73. I don't know anything about the boat.

Any help on this is appreciated. I'd like to solve this mystery.

all the best - happy new year!

Jason

'72 E 35-2 and the mystery dinghy!

Attachments

• IMG_2460.jpg
    IMG_2460.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2459.jpg
    IMG_2459.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 72

Mike T

Member I
Hull HIN Number

Hi Jason,
The Hull Identification Number (HIN) you posted indicates that the dingy was manufactured by AUSTRALIAN FLIGHT CRAFT USA, Atwater, CA. The first three letters are the Manufactures Identification Code (MIC) The last two numbers indicate the year manufactured is 1973. USCG database indicates that they are out of business as of 1990. www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_database.htm

Michael Tock
1978 Ericson 30-2 "Asgard"

jthistle

Member II
Rigging...?

Thanks for that. At least that one mystery is solved.

Any advice or tips on the rigging of this paticular beast. I'm checking with the dyer folks and looking into a homemade job. Doesn;t look too hard but I'll take all the free advice I can get.

Happy New year

Jason
'72 E35-2 and the dink!