• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Deck covering

Shamwari

Please Contact Admin.
When I was at a seminar given by the owner of MAS Epoxies last yeat at the Sail Show in SF he stated the current best deck coating in his opinion was a form of truck box coating. Does anyone have any information about the use of this product on sailboat decks?
I have looked into it a bit and find you can get self applied product in colors but I would sure like to hear from anyone who has used it before I go experimenting.

John Gleadle
e-27, e-39

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I used the Herculiner brand DIY product on my truck bed. Didn't care for it and it didn't stick well. Same result on my clubs workboat, they coated some of it and its all removed/redone now. That said, the professionally applied product like Rhinoliner would likely make a GREAT non-skid surface. It would dampen noise, and can be had in any color you want. I have seen this stuff on truck beds and you CANNOT scrape it off. I would assume that in a thinner layer on fiberglass the results would be similar. RT