• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A flag of our own.

JEESails

Member I
Cool!

I've been looking for one. Haven't found one I like. This one is perfect! Put me down for one...
John Ensley

saltbox

Ericson 34 Owner
this awesome flag

Soooo, we're all psyched. Can't wait...
Most of us can't even think about getting aboard for the next few months but,
How do you plan on selling them? Have you thought about Ebay or Etsy and just give us the link?
We want it to be as easy as possible and the thought of hand addressing 65 packages is making me a little green around the gills.
Keep us all posted...

Their Here!!!!!

Finally, I have them. Unfortunately we only ended up with 44 flags after all was said and done. (Trial and error lost us a few) Thanks to Saltbox’s suggestion I have listed the flags at www.ericsonviking.etsy.com. They accept pay pal and money orders; I hope this is convenient for everyone. The screen printer is making up a few stickers of “The Viking” logo as well as “The Ericson” logo for us as well. They should be available this week and I’ll post them soon as I get them. The size of the Ericson stickers is so that they fit on the sides of the rear transom, (I got the sizing from the Specs & Documents section). I also put one on the bumper of my car. We are also starting on the next run of flags; I’m going to really push to get them done before we run out of the first batch so there is no waiting gap. Once again I want to thank everyone for their patience and enthusiasm. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments.
Nala0079@aol.com
201-679-2926

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
I got it!

I just retrieved mine from the mailbox, and it's beautiful!

Thank you! Excellent work!

hodo

Member III
Ordered mine today! It's mine, and I want it now! okay, before Easter. I have Plans......
Harold and Jessie S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Mine arrived today! It is ever-so-slightly more menacing than the logo you posted. In fact it's fantastic! I might just fly it over my front door until launchtime.

saltbox

Ericson 34 Owner
Yep, they're great!

Got our flag in the mail and we love it!

I heard mention that there may be a t-shirt version in the wings... Might I make a suggestion? How 'bout a long sleeve version in black with a white logo but for those southern cruisers when black might be too warm, there could also be a t-shirt that was white with a black logo... Just an idea...

Also, how 'bout for subtlety (not that there's much of that around these guys 'n gals), the logo could be on the back with a very tasteful 'Ericson' on the front were the pocket would be...
Just an idea.:egrin:

Last edited:

chuckd

Member I
t-shirt

I like the idea, although I'd put the ericson logo on the front in the center, not off to one side (pocket location) still small (the same size as it would be on the pocket). Just my 2 cents. by the way we had two Ericsons out this weekend, both flying the new flag. Thanks

- Chuck

Thanks to all!

Avast ye scurvy dogs. I'm glad to hear everyone loves their flags and that there has already been some "Viking" spottings. I can't wait to spot some here on SD bay. We are putting together the second batch of flags and working on the t-shirts as well. I appreciate all the comments and suggestions. The long sleeve for cold days and the white for hot sunny days I think are a must. I have some great ideas, I'll post some pictures as soon as I can. Thanks again for all of your interest and support.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
I think the design looks great. I am a little concerned about the weight of the fabric. Most flags I have seen are made of a more substantial weight fabric. I'm just afraid it might get ripped to shreds in a brisk breeze.

Any thoughts on using a heftier fabric?

Fair weather flag

Yes...absolutely I agree.:egrin: Thanks for bringing this up Mark. This is actually a concern of some other members as well. I do recommend babying this one to extend its life, maybe only flying it on day sails or weekends. I do not recommend flying it 24/7 or in 20+ knots.:esad: (I don't know how much wind that is since we don't get that here in SD.:confused:) This next batch is definately not going to be polyester, it most likely be nylon or better, whichever is easier to print on. I'll let you know as soon as my printer stops dragging his feet. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.