• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A flag of our own.

Hello Ericsonites,
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted. Honey (E29) is doing great. Spreader brackets are solid, head macerator is working fine, and the old propeller is working efficiently as it can. I took her out on San Diego</ST1:p bay this past Tuesday for a beautiful sunset sail, but what brings me to post this new thread is a little project I’ve just finished. Awhile back I went out sailing with some buddies, as we entered the marina a couple of them started commenting on the different pirate flags other boats were flying , and the fact that I didn’t have one. Well not to be out done, I jumped online and started looking for one that conveyed the Ericson feeling. Unfortunately I didn’t find one that struck me. So having a little drawing ability I came up with one that I’m really excited about. I have talked with a local silk screening shop and they are going to make one up for me. I hope you all approve of the design; I deviated a little from the exact logo after many unsatisfying designs. I’ll let you guys know how the flag comes out. Depending on cost, I might have them print up a few extra just in case anyone else is interested in proudly own one. p.s. the final draft has the trident and axe looking abit more worn down.

Attachments

• scan0005.bmp
    292 KB · Views: 555

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
the spirit of... Conan ?

Oh My!
Real Viking stuff... I like it! Put us down for one.

Note that upon first hoisting their flaggons to drink a toast to this banner, your whole Viking crew must drink to the genius and the memory of author Robert E Howard and to illustrator Frank Frazetta !
:egrin:
Loren
ps: here are some Frazetta images from the web... early Ericson owners, no doubt...

Attachments

• lorez-viking.jpg
    lorez-viking.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 22,775
  • lorez-snowbattle.jpg
    lorez-snowbattle.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 79
  • lorezHelmet.jpg
    lorezHelmet.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Ahoy Matey!

Pretty Cool design! EVIL!:devil:----I'll need 2(one for the powerboat too)
Have you determined the "size" yet? ~12"X15"?
I'd vote for "twin" battle axes(symmetry freak!):nerd:

Last edited:

tenders

Innocent Bystander
That is bada$$. Put me down for one.

They don't do flags per se, but for other things you can load that up at cafepress.com, choose the items for them to put it on, set your markup...and not deal with any of the work.

Mindscape

Member III
I'm in for one. Good work! If they don't do flags there is a place in Racine, WI that does custom flags from art work - Dover Flag Company. Really nice people and for anyone in the area a great place for charts, maps and flags.

Update!

Hello All,
I’m excited to see so much interest in the design. I appreciate all the suggestions and comments. I’m ordering the flags today; they are 2x3ft black polyester flags with two metal grommets, from flagsimporter.com. I’m thinking about 30 units, that should cover the immediate demand, with a few extra just in case. Unfortunately, they don’t screen themselves, I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone, but as mentioned before I have coordinated with a local screen shop here in San Diego</ST1:p. Hopefully I can get a lot done before the holiday vacations. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL, FAIR WINDS AND CLEAR SKIES
Alan Marin
Honey E-29<O:p</O:p
p.s. Sleather one of the early designs had twin battle axes but I thought a trident would honor the Viking seamanship and also please Poseidon (<ST1:pNeptune</ST1:p).
<O:p</O:p
p.s.s. Tenders thanks for the Cafepress.com suggestion. I checked it out and if there is a demand, I’ll consider setting that up, although I really didn’t like the fact that some appeal items only came in white and ivory. Maybe a phone call could clear that up.