• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A flag of our own.

Vagabond39

Member III
Ericson Heritage

Instead of pirates, think of the true heritage,.
Eric the Red (Erik the Red) Settling Greenland.
Leif Ericson (Erik's son) settling the east coast of north America
Fridtjov Nansen using the floatsom and jetsom from the USS Jeaneete to design, build, and sail the FRAM into the Artic Icepack, and prove that the ice drifted from West to East, and spend three years above 80 Degrees North.
Roald Amundsen sailing the tiny Gjoa across the Northwest Passage, planning to head for the North Pole, when news of Fredrick Cook's having done that, eurning south, and being first to reach the South Pole..
Thor Heyerdahl, proving his theory that Polynesia could have been settlede from South America. crossed the [pacific Ocean on a balsa wood raft. {Kon Tiki}
Then crossing the Atlantic Ocean on a Reed Boat. {RA}
These are just a few examples
Who needs a FALSE SYMBOL?

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
Instead of pirates, think of the true heritage,.
Eric the Red (Erik the Red) Settling Greenland.
Leif Ericson (Erik's son) settling the east coast of north America
Fridtjov Nansen using the floatsom and jetsom from the USS Jeaneete to design, build, and sail the FRAM into the Artic Icepack, and prove that the ice drifted from West to East, and spend three years above 80 Degrees North.
Roald Amundsen sailing the tiny Gjoa across the Northwest Passage, planning to head for the North Pole, when news of Fredrick Cook's having done that, eurning south, and being first to reach the South Pole..
Thor Heyerdahl, proving his theory that Polynesia could have been settlede from South America. crossed the [pacific Ocean on a balsa wood raft. {Kon Tiki}
Then crossing the Atlantic Ocean on a Reed Boat. {RA}
These are just a few examples
Who needs a FALSE SYMBOL?

Salute !! :egrin:

sailorman

Member II
Hello Ericsonites,
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted. Honey (E29) is doing great. Spreader brackets are solid, head macerator is working fine, and the old propeller is working efficiently as it can. I took her out on San Diego bay this past Tuesday for a beautiful sunset sail, but what brings me to post this new thread is a little project I’ve just finished. Awhile back I went out sailing with some buddies, as we entered the marina a couple of them started commenting on the different pirate flags other boats were flying , and the fact that I didn’t have one. Well not to be out done, I jumped online and started looking for one that conveyed the Ericson feeling. Unfortunately I didn’t find one that struck me. So having a little drawing ability I came up with one that I’m really excited about. I have talked with a local silk screening shop and they are going to make one up for me. I hope you all approve of the design; I deviated a little from the exact logo after many unsatisfying designs. I’ll let you guys know how the flag comes out. Depending on cost, I might have them print up a few extra just in case anyone else is interested in proudly own one. p.s. the final draft has the trident and axe looking abit more worn down.
Put me down for one !
Bill