• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Prop & Prop Harmonics

janus2

Hey All,
I have an E35 MKIII Hull#211 M25-21hp Universal.
Right now I get an odd howling noise at 2000 RPM and above.
I am told it's a prop issue. (Prop Harmonics)

Anyone familiar with this?

The current prop is a 3 blade 15x11RH.
Another interesting note is that the motor is rated for approx 3000 rpm but at present we can only get 2400-2500 rpm out of her. Could this be a result of what I believe to be an oversized prop? I'm sure that the boat originally came with a 2 blade prop, but don't know the size.

I am wondering if anyone knows what the original prop was for my boat.
Also if anyone has any recommendations as to a better fixed prop for my boat, I would be grateful.

Thanks, Steve Wallace, Campbell River, BC.

evm

Member II
Thats a lot of prop

Hey All,
I have an E35 MKIII Hull#211 M25-21hp Universal.
Right now I get an odd howling noise at 2000 RPM and above.
I am told it's a prop issue. (Prop Harmonics)

Anyone familiar with this?

The current prop is a 3 blade 15x11RH.
Another interesting note is that the motor is rated for approx 3000 rpm but at present we can only get 2400-2500 rpm out of her. Could this be a result of what I believe to be an oversized prop? I'm sure that the boat originally came with a 2 blade prop, but don't know the size.

I am wondering if anyone knows what the original prop was for my boat.
Also if anyone has any recommendations as to a better fixed prop for my boat, I would be grateful.

Thanks, Steve Wallace, Campbell River, BC.

Not knowing much about it I would say that your are over proped. My E39 has the same size on a 30 HP yanmar 3hmf which appears to be a good match for this 20000 pound boat.

Regards, Ethan

RON CARTER

Member I
Prop noise

Steve. We had much same problem with Azgard, 35-3 hull 127 1983 over many years starting with p.o. We even did a complete engine change to the new 25 xpb model with a few more hp and noise persisted.. Problem prop was rh 16 x10 Federal Michigan 3 blade and noise was at 1400 to 2000 rpm with a clean hull and would vary to 1700 to 2300 with growth on bottom. I believe problem is not enuff space between prop blades and hull. We loaded all our specs into prop firm computer and they came out with 14 x 9 which has been perfect for us... no noise, better speed at various rpm, etc Prop is "Campbell Sailer" 3 blade made in Nanaimo, sold in Vancouver by www.westbynorth.com Norm Ross, price was 475.00 but that was 2005 so expect another 100 now Talk to them Ron