• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Applying Coachwhipping to the Yacht Specialities Wheel

Kimberly Thomas

I'm working up a "one way to do it"
article. I didn't take any photos during the process, so I'm going to demonstrate on a friends
wheel

Attachments

• wheel2.jpg
    wheel2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,694

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
Looks great! How long did that take you?

I'd say that's a 24-30" wheel steve, based on the baseboard radiator behind it.

u079721

Contributing Partner
Love the Turks's Head

The Turk's head knot you used to mark the king spoke looks great. I looked up how to do that same special knot (which fits over a spoke and rim) a few years back and rigged one on our wheel. My friends liked it so much that I ended up doing about a half dozen of them on the wheels of other boats. Sure beats the hell out of a wrap of electrical tape!

chuckshipp

I used some smaller 3 stranded cotton line, and did a cock coming, then painted it with white enamel. Took the wheel home and did it while watching TV.
Chuck

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Popular thread...

apropos of nothing in particular...
I check the list of who is reading posts on this site ("currently active users") about once or twice a day when I stop by. This one particular thread is quite often being perused and often the "archive version" being d/l.

Interesting.:nerd:

There must be a number of folks searching the site for this one subject on a regular basis, is my guess.

Our boat's ss wheel came with a leather-covered rim from the prior owner, but if it were cold bare ss, I would have probably tried to do this project as well.

Loren

Last edited: