• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Steaming/Anchor light

Jerry

Inactive Member
I'm getting ready to do some rewiring. I'd like to free up a position on the breaker panel by combining the switches for the steaming and anchor lights. Using a DPST switch with center off would do the trick. Is there any reason to have these lights on at the same time? I can't think of any.

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Go for it

Jerry,
I concur with you that I can't see a situation where you would need both of them on at the same time. It seems like that would be a great way to add an additional switch to the panel with out setting a new switch.

I have thought of adding a removable anchoring stern light that would be mounted on a removable pole in the cockpit for night lighting. This could assist us while we entertain, for enjoying the cockpit in the evenings, while we go ashore at night in the dingy but could uses some light in the cockpit upon returning.
KJ

rgoff

Member III
I would think it would be against the official "Rules of the Road" to have them both on at the same time. You can't be anchored and underway at the same time (dragging doesn't count). :)

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I'm sure it's against the "rules of the road" but the anchor light sure lights up the windex nice at night.

Mike.Gritten

Member III
We installed the Borel Manufacturing nav light panel as well. The guys at Borel even custom made our unit so we could orient it rotated 90 degrees from the original panel and still read the lettering without having to tilt our heads! Great customer service.
As far as lighting the windex, the sternlight portion of our masthead tri does a great job of this. We just switch off the deck level running lights and go with the masthead tri-light. Elegant and legal.