• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson in Rescue from Gilligan's Island

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
I just must be bored out of my gourd. I was surfing thru the channels and came across the movie, Rescue from Gilligan's Island. Right there as the Skipper is painting his waterline stripe appears a Ericson with the name on the transom Skol. A couple of seconds latter Gilligan is standing next to the bow and you can see the reg# CA 1237 FA.
This movie was made in 1978, damn near thirty years ago. I know I was ten years old then. I wasnt really sure what size she was, but from the transom I think it has to be a 27,29,30, or 32. All I could find out was the movie was shot in LA. It would be neat if someone knew something about this boat. Maybe she still has the same name or better the guy who owned her back then still has her.
You see this is what you end up doing when your boat is on the hard and its snowing. Holy Shit its only November!!!

Last edited:

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
ha!! great post Rob...hang in there...we are sendin' you a bit more "cold stuff" from colorado.....:egrin: it will be spring b4 we know it...