• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 Fuel Tank

RicoPaolino

Member II
I would like to change the fuel tank in my e27 equiped with a Atomic 4. I would like to get a permanent poly tank that has a fuel gauge.
:confused: Has anyone removed the tank from the e27? Do I have to cut the deck? Is there a good tank out there that is of the same size without getting a custom one?
Thanks

Jim Baldwin

Member II
I guess you figured this out but, (just in case). Tempo tank#640010, West Marine model#406397 is the best choice. It's only 11 gallons but it will fit through the hatch and install under the cockpit sole. It comes with the electric sending unit but you'll need to buy the guage. Don't forget the deckfill, 1 1/2" hose, vent hose, thru-hull vent fitting, anti-overfill valve. Be sure to run the ground wire as per instructions so you don't go up in a blaze of glory after your finished. (Yes, this is a bit of a project!)

RicoPaolino

Member II
Thanks for the info! I'll look it up. Have you installed a new tank?
If you did what did you do to hold it level and secure it?

I'm looking at this project because next year I'm going to rebuild the engine. I would like to head off any problems that maybe unseen with the tank. ( hate to go off in the blaze of glory! :boohoo: )

Thanks again.

Jim Baldwin

Member II
Yes, I just finished the tank installation as described. I first installed a wood shelf. The tank is installed with hold-down brackets, also in the catalog. I can give you more detailed information if you like. I could also e-mail some pictures, if it would help. I also just installed a fresh water tank in the lazerette and a whole bunch of other stuff. I am going overboard on this project. Did I mention, the diesel engine? No more coffeegrinder outboard. Now I have a hinged boarding ladder and a walk-through transom. Someday I really do hope to go sailing.

RicoPaolino

Member II
Hmm. Wood shelf.

Pictures and a description would be great!

I think that you may be putting it a different place than I'm imagined.

I have the E27 with the a4 and a wheel. The steel tank is currently on the aft port side near the transom.

My thought would have been put the tank in the aft lazerette partial under the cockpit sole midship. Maybe 2 small tanks. My problem is I can not envision some sort of shelf as the access to this is so limited, thru the lazerette.

One other problem is how do I hack out the old tank without creating a sail powered rocket. ( power tools seem out of the question )

Hope you slow your project long enough to to sailing.

BTW Why do worry about the Aux power so much when we have more important things to worry about like, leaky windows!