• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

WTB: alcohol stove parts

ChrisS

Member III
Kind of a longshot, but I'm looking for any working burners, and in particular, control knobs w/rods for my old Galleymaid alcohol stove. If anyone has recently upgraded to propane and has an unused stove, or knows of a consignment store with parts, please let me know. Thanks.

bbboat

Member II
I see this post is somewhat old, Chris, but if you still need parts, I'm just now pulling out the 3-burner Galley Maid alcohol stove from my 1976 E39. It looks to be complete and in pretty good shape, although I never tried using it.

You're welcome to any parts or the whole thing. It also has a separate aluminum alcohol storage tank with compression gauge. Supposedly you pumped air into it with a bicycle pump so that it would feed the fuel to the stove.
Dan

ChrisS

Member III
Dan--

Thanks for the offer, but I found an old, rusty, beat-up stove and cannibalized it for parts. I found it on craigslist and got it from a guy for a case of MGD.

If you stove is in good shape, you might try to consign it somewhere for cash or trade. The consignment stores out here said that any stoves with tanks in good condition tend to move quickly. It might be worth $50 or so after the shop's cut.

Last edited: