• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 new 12v control panel

CWM

Chuck
Some pics of the new control panel on my 1973 E27.

The panel is a Blue Seas System product

6 AWG wire was used between the battery and the control panel.
14 AWG wire was used for all other wiring.

Note that I have an outboard with a magneto (no alternator).

Hopefully, this post will give another E27 owner some ideas.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 194
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 209

bigtyme805

Member III
Chuck,

Looks very nice, but have question on placement? Why didn't you reuse the old cutout where the other one was at?

CWM

Chuck
>> Looks very nice, but have question on placement? Why didn't you reuse the old cutout where the other one was at?

Don:

The factory location for the 12v control panel is too exposed to the elements IMO. Also, by using the door for the new control panel location, I now have excellent access to the back of the panel for wiring work.

DevinWalker

Inactive Member
This is the post I've been looking for!! It's a super simple and practical solution. I just bought my E27 a year ago and am getting ready to pull it out for a bottom job, ect. Looks like I just found a new project. And to answer the other question, the E27 panel is some funky diagonal that nothing will fit. You've got to go new.

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Rewire

Chuck,
Your panel looks good. Did you abandon the old panel on the port side of the companion way than? My E27 is coming due for a rewire as well and I will have to consider that in the future.
KJ

CWM

Chuck
Kevin:

Yes, I did abandon/bypass the old control panel.
I left the old panel in place as it is ok aesthetically, and it now has my fathometer (it replaces one of the Atomic 4 instruments; I removed the Atomic 4 and installed an outboard motor).

Note that I also posted some photos on the 110v system I installed. You may want to do both systems at the same time.

CWM

Chuck
Devin:

I have not mounted the transducer yet. The plan is to use silicone to stick it on a flat spot that is near the shaft log area. I removed the prop shaft (and the Atomic 4) and as I recall there is a level area in that area. The electrical wires are about 15' LOA and that should work.