• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Interesting E-27 cockpit modification.

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Picture

Jeff,
That would be a good project and great addition to any E27. I thought about about trying to intergrate a folding table or something like that at the stern. Thanks for the picture. Hummmm, I may have another thing to add to my winter projects.
KJ

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
If anyone is interested that E27 is moored in the same harbor my club uses. I would be willing to help any prospective buyer out in any way I can. RT

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Here's a couple other interesting mods from that same boat.

Here's a couple other interesting mods from that same boat.

1) They added a mid cockpit pedestal steering that I have never seen. The production E-27's have the wheels in the back of the cockpit.

2) They added a bulkhead between the galley and the port settee. I really don't see the reason or need for this, but it's interesting.

Attachments

• eb2a_12.JPG.jpg
    eb2a_12.JPG.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 96
  • f20c_12.JPG.jpg
    f20c_12.JPG.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 104

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Here's another mod for the outboard cut-out.

Attachments

• e27 swim step.jpg
    e27 swim step.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 158

Dave Hussey

Member III
Very cool use of space on an E27

I am pleased to see that others have put that area to good use. I am working on a plug to create a mold, so that I can make a fiberglass box in that transom niche... a hinged hatch with a latch will allow access to my Espar furnace..alternatively, it would be easy to put shelves for storage here. Heres some progress pics::egrin:

Attachments

• IMGP0470.JPG
    IMGP0470.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMGP0453.jpg
    IMGP0453.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMGP0444.jpg
    IMGP0444.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMGP0011.JPG
    IMGP0011.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 106

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Espar?

Dave,
Is the Espar furnace heating the cockpit? Is it electric, gas or ??? Just curious. I haven't seen one of those.
KJ

Dave Hussey

Member III
Hi Kevin,
My Espar furnace is diesel or kerosene forced air. In my installation, I will duct the heat into the cabin, through the starboard (left in the picture) side. I'll cut a 3 inch hole through the side of the wall there, and run the duct into the void and forward into the cabin. A fiberglass 'box' will keep the furnace out of the weather, and permit access through a hinged and latched hatch that I 'll add on the face of the box.

If my mould turns out decently, I may be able to make a few copies of the stern box to sell, if there is any interest. But being a perfectionist I'm working at an unbearably slow pace, and the boat is not nearby, adding to the frustration.

obiwanrazzy

Member II
Dave,

So just to be clear, the furnace will be in the new space once you enclose it? Will the furnace exhaust go out the transom, or straight up?