• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Spreader Bracket

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Murphy got me today. I dropped the stick with a couple of buddies. I broke the bracket that was bolted onto the mast on my E25.
What I need to know is there a source to buy this part? Is it made of aluminum?

I know I can have one made, but I was hoping that I didnt need to go through this if I didnt need to. Rob Hessenius

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Try rigrite. They sell lots of spar parts. If you cannot find it on their website then call them.

rod sanburn

Member II
Spreader brackets

If they are the same as E27. Someone in the past must have done the same to mine. I have new ones on the mast and a new extra set. If have not found ant yet let me know. Rod S

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Rod

I don't know if they are the same without seeing one. I have tried all of the manufacturers with no luck. A buddy of mine is going to try to weld it. He says its aluminum and he should have no problems. I'm just crossing my fingers! I am in no hurry. I won't need it for five months anyway. I will keep your name though. Thank you. Rob Hessenius

Last edited:

Jerry

Inactive Member
Stainless

The brackets that hold the spreaders to the mast on my 25 are SS. I can send a photo if you like.

Jerry

sleather

Sustaining Member
Rob, What happened to those 70* days? LOL :rolleyes:

Just an idea, I'm pretty sure mine are the same(can't have'm)! You might be able to "salvage" the foil part of the casting and anchor that to a "new" S.S. plate curved to fit the mast. I heard long ago(forgot where) that those castings were always living on "borrowed time"!-----Photos?

Attachments

• SPREADER.JPG
    SPREADER.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Brackets

Steve-- No shit, It sure got cold fast. I was talking big, thinking I was going to sail well into November! I guess this weekend is going to be nice, but none of my buddies boats are still in the water. It gives me more time to do nothing. Thank god the Packers are fun to watch this year!!!

Your spreaders are exactly like mine. If the weld does'nt work. I will maybe have some casted. Try to corner the market with the brackets. It seems that I tend to always do things to the excess.

Maybe next summer haul the 23 up here, there are 6 E's on Winnebago,(1)29',(1) 28+, (3) 27', (1) 25', mine. I know all the guys except the 29' and there is a 27' in FDL that a widow owns and never leaves the dock. It could be a cool weekend. I think they would be into Rendevous, maybe we could start a poll too, LOL. Rob Hessenius

sleather

Sustaining Member
Trailer Time!

As long as you've exhausted the availability end of it, a "short run" of GOOD castings wouldn't be a bad idea(how about machined billet?)! Sign ME up for a pair! Lord knows mine have seen their "fair share" of abuse! Like I said "borrowed time"! 23-27 all had them(@ some time) ME thinks! Spreader bracket survey?:rolleyes:

Definitely planning some "trailer time" next year, after the rebuild!
Maybe I should meet this widow, NO? If you get BORED come on down for a stinkboat ride! Fully enclosed "heated" cabin!:cool: