• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E25 Cradle

Joe

Member II
I'm about to start on the manufacture of a cradle for the E25 so that I can work on the centerboard now and in the future.

I intend laminating three 3/4" exterior plywood sheets together to make Keel Profiles at two places: 6" or so in front and back of the centerboard cavity. These two profiles will be spaced and attached to each other with 4x4's in four places. The keel profiles will be lined with thick felt.

Any caveats on where the profiles are positioned?

Any danger of hull distortion doing this?

Is there a limit on how long she can sit like this without full keel support?

Any ideas/comments will be appreciated.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
E25 Cb

Joe- My boat hung in the travelift for five days without any problems. They lift the boat on the bulkheads. Here is my thoughts; deal with the removal of the cb when you lift the boat on the cradle. Build a cradle that allows the boat sit on the keel. When you are ready to load the boat, then put the new/refurbished cb back on then. Maybe someone has some "lowboy" jackstands that you can borrow during your task. Build the cradle for future uses, what I mean by that is allow the boat to sit on the keel and brace on the bulkheads. I have four stands you can borrow if you want. We can work out the logistics. Rob Hessenius

Steve Swann

Member III
E25 CB Removal - Don't Over-Engineer!

Joe,

If you clean out the filler around and on the centerboard pivot pin down to the bare metal and remove the two small machine screws before you lift the boat off the trailer, two guys can remove that centerboard in about 2 minutes! Just have a strong person braced and ready to catch/recieve it when the pin is knocked out. Use a 5/16" (maybe a 3/8") steel pin about 15" long to gently tap out the pin from the OPPOSITE side of the attachment plate.

Installing the new cb back in takes about the same amount of time. Once you get some clearance underneath the boat, the board removal and reinstallation procedures are very, very straightforward, fast, and easy. Don't make this any harder than it has to be!

Steve Swann
E25 Seahorse
Boise ID