• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

San Diego wildfires

Ray Hughes

Member I
Got a reverse 911 warning notice from the Carlsbad Police Dept. asking all residents in my area to evacuate due the impending wildfires. Packed up what I could in a short time (including my Amazon parrot ROJO). Took an hour to travel 13 miles to my E29 CAPRICIOUS moored in the Oceanside Harbor. Spent the night on the boat, knowing that we were out of danger. Woke up to see an orange haze that made the harbor seem surreal. It's still a tough time here in San Diego County. A lot of people are without homes. If you have a boat in this area where someone might stay for a short time, please post on this site. Thanks, Ray.

noproblemo2

Member III
While we cannot offer a boat to stay, we can offer safe haven 40 minutes south of the border if anyone needs/wants it. We do have some smoke, light and ash it is nothing compared to the San Diego area.

chtaylor

Member II
Here in Chula Vista, we were told Monday afternoon to be ready to evacuate. We had the cars packed for two days and were going to move onto the boat. Fortunately, they were able to stop the fire about 1.5 miles from where we live.

Thanks to the bravery, stamina and toughness of firefighters our neighborhood was spared. These people, along with police and military, are the true heroes in today's society. It seems so ridiculous when I hear someone who plays games with a ball for a living referred to as being a "hero."

I went to the boat on Thursday and washed a ton of ash off. I'm sure there will be more when we go today.