• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E23 head

austinmotion

My E23 has the head curtain but alas no head. Based on the limited dimensions available behind the curtain is there a head that you would suggest? I was looking at the thetford 135 marine as an inexpensive solution. Thanks!

Ivan

sleather

Sustaining Member
Missing Pooper!

The "head" probably found it's way to a new home.:rolleyes:
I've got a SeaLand-SaniPottie(West Marine). Any Portable Toilet will fit(measure first).
Be sure to get the "hold-down" kit.:eek:
Properly maintained(chemicals) I've never had an odor issue(all summer):cool:

Last edited:

Steve Swann

Member III
Buttered hips

You might think about putting a strategically well placed sturdy grab handle somewhere to assisit getting up and down from the seated position. Sometimes, in our 25, getting up and down is an issue because there isn't any room to move your legs into a position to brace yourself. Then it gets to be even more challenging on a port tack.

The entire water closet affair on my boat is narrow enough that I have thought seriously about leaving a stick of butter near the pot for greasing wide hips and hang a Twinkie across from the head for proper motivation to extract oneself! :egrin: A really violent jibe works, too....

My wife thought the grab handle was a much better idea than my collection of ideas.

Steve Swann
E25 Seahorse
Boise, ID

sleather

Sustaining Member
Port Tack!

You might think about putting a strategically well placed sturdy grab handle somewhere to assisit getting up and down from the seated position.

Steve, Shootin' from the hip, while seated!:oops: Great Idea:thinker:
The front face of the E23 mast box(single teak handrail) would be perfect! I'm not gettin' any younger, port tack works best on the 23, less vertical movement, just kind of ease into it! I could also use it to pull myself out of the V-berth in the morning! Thanks! Never "too many" handholds on a boat!

Twinkie? What happened to the universal enticement(BEER)?

Steve Swann

Member III
Towels

Will soak up cheap beer better. I'd stay with something pretty stout, like heavier material. Expect a privacy curtain to get a bit of abuse.

Bob in Va

Member III
Curtain

I can make a full size pattern from my old one - Shirley stitched me up a new one last year to match the fresh upholstery fabric. Hang on - I'll mail it to you.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I know you are talking about Mk2's but here is what I did (Porta Potti & curtain) with my Mk1. Sorry about the low quality photos.

Attachments

• head1.jpg
    head1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 71
  • vberthforward2.jpg
    vberthforward2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 68

sleather

Sustaining Member
Now "that" is a PROPER THRONE! Master of all he surveys! AL would be proud!:woot:

Last edited: