• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Mast Step Plate

ragamuffin

Member II
Any E27 owners aware of a Mast Step Plate deck organizer for a e27? I found them for a E26 but not E27 DOH! Mast Base is 5.62"x4.07" and I would like a step I could then attach blacks to so I can run my lines aft as well as attach halyards to? Is this something I would have to have custom made. :esad:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Organizer?

I know of what you speak! What does your Mast Base look like(PICS?) I know they're out there!

On my 23 I used vertical Schaefers mounted to the deckhouse(flatter lead) and the halyards are secured @ the lifeline stanchion base(less slap)!

Last edited:

tonysantos

I am also planning on running the halyards on my E27 to the cabin top and am curious how other boats are rigged. Any ideas and photos out there would be very helpful!

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I'll dig up the receipt. Go to the "custom parts list" link, scroll down to mast base organizers. I'm pretty sure mine is the top one. If you give them a call you should find them to be very helpful.

ragamuffin

Member II
OK Cool thanks, It was under hinged mast base, whats the benefit of it being hinged? Easier to step the mast? How many blcoks can you put on it?

Last edited:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
The part number is B MBO 6345. It's not a hinged mast step it's just the organizer plate that gets mounted under your existing mast step. There are 4 or five holes to attach blocks to on each side.

msc1212

Member II
Garhauer also makes a stainless steel plate that is fitted beneath your mast step plate. They have several different sizes. I bought one last winter for my 35. I think it cost about $50.

Lifting the mast step plate to fit this plate was a good opportunity to redo the whole area. I cut out the deck around the mast, added five layers of fibreglass in a 16" circle around the mast , rebedded the aluminum plate that sits beneath the mast step plate and installed the Garhauer plate. It has approximately 10 holes for blocks. The smaller ones have less.

I was amazed at the original construction of this area. When I bought my boat there were stress cracks around the mast that allowed water to stream into the balsa core which was sitting inches from the mast step plate. This moisture had penetrated across the deck. It was a real mess and became quite a project.