• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

stern light bulb

admirals barge

Member III
hi all

the stern light didn't have a bulb in it when i got the boat. its a dc bayonet type. in other words its a single filament bulb with 2 connections one for the posititve and one for the negetive....does anyone know what the bulb number is that's supposed to be in the light

thanks
greg

dalliance
74 35II # 325
wilmington,ca

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
It should be the same as each of the other running lights. If they work, just take one of the bulbs to match it.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Mike.Gritten

Member III
You may want to look and see if you can find an LED replacement bulb for your running lights and stern light while you're at it. There are a few brands available now that are USCG approved for vessels our size and they fit into the more popular fixtures. They run on just a fraction of the Amps that the stock filament -style bulbs will draw. Just a thought since you're going to install a new lamp anyway.

Mike.Gritten

Member III
That's the same ones we're using as well. I have the running lights converted over to LED now and will be changing over the anchor and masthead tri-lite when I make my annual inspection tour up the stick next weekend.

ligolaiva38

Member II
Led Lights

Talking about using LED lights; I replace all my cabin interior ceiling lites in my Ericson 38 with Sensibulbs which are not the shining ugly blue/white light bulbs that are common LEDs. These are nice and warm like the DC bulb lights.
I have 7 ceiling lamps/cabin lights and replaced all of them with the 1st generation Sensibulbs. I just glued them in where the long Festoon style bulbs were and then soldered the wires onto each end of the bulb connection. They were expensive, but with my amp meter I can now turn on all 7 lites and use just the same amount as I used with just one DC light.

In the evenings I run all lights without a problem and keep the boat all lit up just like a powerboat which I couldn't do with DC lights before. It sure makes the boat more comfortable in the evenings to be nice and lit up inside.

I also added a LED tri lite on the mast. Wow..... is it bright. At the islands I can see it much further and brighter than the old DC lamp.

I purchased them from: http://www.sailorssolutions.com/