• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-23 Swing Keel Demensions

ckrambjr05

Inactive Member
Does Anyone Out There Have The Engineering Demensions For The Swing Keel On The E-23? My Keel Has Split At The Mounting Pin And Needs To Be Replaced. I Am Considering Going To A 3/8 Or 1/2 Inch Stainless Blade And Need The Dementions For The Fabricator. Has Anyone Else Encountered This Problem And/or Attempted This Type Of Fix On An E-23.
Charlie

sleather

Sustaining Member
WELCOME!!! What year is your's?

When do you plan on doing this? as mine is coming out over the winter for inspection & "stop" repair and?????

You may want to contact Bob Boe,--Bob in Va-- he knows as much as anybody can about the E23 and "lives" in Madison Heights, Va.

Last edited:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Registry

Being NEW, if you haven't noticed yet, at the top of the page there is a category for "Owners & Projects" in that there is a "Owners & Yacht Registry" pick your boat and it will give you contact info for all of US E23'ers(24?). Register while your @ it.
I've got a message out to someone that may have the S.S. backbone, till then just type E23 in the Search function, and enjoy the site. I'm relatively new to the site also, but after a few months it will seem like home, Great people, Great advise!!!!!

Steve Swann

Member III
E23 c/b backbone

Hey Charlie,

I have a SS backbone for a new E23 centerboard that you can buy from me for $250 and you pay the shipping. Bob Boe built it and it is "heck for stout."

I was going to modify it for my 25 but ended up purchasing a HDPE centerboard instead.

Steve Swann
Boise, ID

Steve Swann

Member III
Commission?

Hey Steve,

I think you need to show up in Boise with that boat of yours and come sailing with us!

Together, we can trailer up to northern Idaho and intimidate an Ericson 35. I'll steal an armful of cheap beers from the inattentive captain of said Ericson 35 to cover your commission check.

Steve Swann
Boise, ID

sleather

Sustaining Member
That's a tempting plan!(especially the GIANT slaying) I had a prolific "wanderlust" when I had my Cal 21, less than 2,000# on the trailer.

Since I got the E23 it's only been to the Big Ponds a few times. Main problemo has been "keeping & maintaining" a tow vehicle. Now the trailer is in dire straights, spring '08 project.

I have been entertaining a move to Pierre, S.D.(Lake Oahe) as I do alot of walleye fishing & bird hunting, but for now, just a thought.

What Lake do you sail, I love "google maps".

Steve Swann

Member III
Sailors and Other Diversions

Sleather,

I think you should get to SD asap with your E23. I hear the wind blows there sometimes. Move, get settled in and write me and I'll brazenly show up (just ask Kim Schoedel if you have any doubts). We have a daughter in Fargo, so a trip out to Pierre isn't out of the question - especially if you mix in a little pheasant hunting or a hookup on a walleye...

Let me know if your c/b needs attention (read: replacement). I don't have any takers as of yet for this spine that Bob Boe built. It is set up exactly for your 23.

Good luck on your future plans!

Steve Swann
Boise, ID