• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

where does mast light wires enter the boat

admirals barge

Member III
hi all

74 35II # 325

i have a tabernacle mast. and i'm trying to chase the wiring for the spreader lights and mast head. the wires come out the mast and go under the mast plate. the next time i see the wires the come up inboard of the holding tank run outboard then aft thru the bench locker then into a fiberglass tube to the engine compartment then under the sole and up to the dc panel above the sink. i was wondering if anybody has found how the wires get from the deck to under the holding tank.

thanks
greg

dalliance
74 35II # 325
wilmington,ca

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
The wires hang free within the mast from the spreaders, held together by a handful of zip ties and pieces of foam. There is a hole cut through the plate within the deck supporting the mast, to take them down through the core, before running inside the headliner. The original wire is not high quality.

If you have your mast down, and the original wire, replace it.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

admirals barge

Member III
thank you

thanks for the quick replies. i will look this weekend. i plan to install a junction box in the head and then run all the wires thru it except for the vhf coax to the dc panel. and dan the gas tank is #2 on the priority list so you will be hearing from me when i get to it

thanks again

greg

dalliance
74 35II # 325
wilmington,ca

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
One boat yard I was at were about to cut the wires inside the mast, at the foot, for a junction box until I jumped on them - for the junction box to be accessable, it needs to be below the deck inside the boat.

In the end, I ran my wires without a junction box, figuring that is one less weakness in the system to worry about, although if (or when) the mast has to come down again, I will need to add a junction box then.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972