• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Santa Cruz Island for the long weekend

saildad

Member II
We are finally getting out ot the island!! We ( my new SAILING girlfriend) and I have been racing our butts off this summer and haven't had a decent weekend to get out there. The plan is to sail over to smugglers friday afternoon then figure out where we want to motor to. Frys might be a good call. My yacht club (CIYC) went to Coches last weekend and they all said there was too much tar on the beach to even think about going ashore. I know its all going to be crowded thats why we are leaving early friday.
Any other Channel Island Ericsons heading out to Santa Cruz for the weekend?
Capt. Bill
On Porpoise II
Channel Islands HArbor:egrin:

ref_123

Member III
Fry's will be full

OK, we are officially jealous :). We are sitting here in the SF bay dreaming about going to Santa Barbara and Channel Islands.

Anyway, I'd stay in Smugglers or Scorpions - Fry's will be full. Even if you get there early, it's no fun to be in the crowded anchorage and watch another guy to anchor over your rode. Pelican or Prisoners may be great in a good weather too.

Regards,
Stan

HGSail

Member III
We went out to Santa Cruz last week and went to Smugs on Monday. Tuesday went to Willow's on the back side for two glorious days all by ourselfs and then back to Smugs on Thursday and sailed home on Friday. As for the tar, We found very little at eather cove.

Pat
E29
'73
Holy Guacamole

Attachments

• IMG_7880a.jpg
    IMG_7880a.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7950a.jpg
    IMG_7950a.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited: