• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Datamarine Depthfinder

GMaurer

Member II
The depth warning switch on the face of my Datamarine S-200DL (original equipment?) seems to have given out - it's frozen.
Is this switch repaceable?
Is ther a source for this switch?
It looks like the head is held in place by three hex screws from the back (inside).
Since the depth gauge still works, I hate to tear into the unit and make matters worse.
thanks.
Greg
1988 E-28

treilley

Sustaining Partner
It is replacable and I have one that you can have for the price of shipping. The 3 screws do not hold it together. There should be a large snap ring around the inside of the rear of the housing. If you remove the snap ring and remove the little rubber boot/hex nut from the front, the guage comes out the rear of the housing.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Sorry, but it looks likethe spare I have is not good. You can still have it as it may be better than what you have. It seems to only switch between 2 postitions and I think that gauge has 3. Off, 8 and 4. I think DMI might still carry the switch though.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I just pulled the switch out from my gauge and it is a C&K 7211. You should be able to find one of these or a replacement by googling that part.

GMaurer

Member II
The C&K 7211 switch seems to be rather common (3 way on-on-on), also used on electric guitars. (Thanks for the info on the Part #)
Datamarine (DMI) offers it for $25 plus S&H.
It's really a $3 item, but other sources I've found only sell it in large quantities.

I think I'll open the unit, and see if I can simply bypass the switch and hardwire the alarm at 8', and leave it at that.

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
I had the same problem on my Electro Marine Systems unit there was a shell, a hollow switch shaft and a center switch shaft. I removed the unit from the housing removed the switch from the bracket then disassembled the shafts from the switch and was able to free up the three pieces that sleeved together. It took tapping on the pieces to get them to break loose and after half an hour or so they came apart and I polished each surface lubricated and reassembled. Also the black on the inside of the glass had flaked off. I taped over the LCD window with masking tape and cleaned the flaking black off leaving the lettering and sprayed black Krylon paint on the back of the glass. IT looks good and all is functional.