• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E28+ maximum speed

Gary G

Member II
I have a 1983 E28+ with a 12 hp Universal (closed system cooled) and a 2 blade folding prop and I'd like to know what other E28+ owners are experiencing as far as max speed under power goes. (I recall seeing somewhere information that seemed to indicate a cruising speed of 5.8 knots and a max speed of 6.5 knots.) I know this is subject to variability but I'd like to hear what people are experiencing in relatively smooth conditions with little or no current. I have had intermittent issues with the engine running hot so I'm reluctant to wind it up to see how fast she'll go. I have no tach so I can't tell what the engine rpms are. The result is I rarely motor much above 3.5 knots and dread having to use the engine in heavier conditions.

bsange

Gary,

We also have a 1983 E28+ but with a fixed blade prop. We typically power at 5 knots and find this to be the ideal without starting to approach overheating. On occassions we have gone as high as 5.5 knots, but that is the exception to the rule.

Bernard

Gary G

Member II
Raw water or closed cooling?

Thanks for the information, Bernard. BTW, is your engine cooled directly with sea water or do you have a closed system? In any case what temperature does your engine typically run at when it's fully warmed up?

Gary