• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Teak table & 38" wheel for sale

Lan

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a little more room in our cockpit. So I am selling the 38" s.s. wheel, eight spokes, very good condition. Also for sale is the original Ericson teak table 16.5" wide, 19" long, with four places for drinks. Both were original equipment on our 1990 E28. The boat was in storage for 10 years so everything is in great shape having had only 6 years of very light use. $75 for the wheel, $50 for the table. Buyer pays shipping. I live in western suburbs of Chicago.

I would be interested in trading the wheel even-up for a 32" one.

Thanks,
Lan

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I found that trading out my 36" for a folding 40" wheel gave me a lot more room both when folded and not. The 36" was flat while the 40" has a slight dish to it so it is easier to get around it while sailing and when we park we fold it and that opens up lot's of space which is key in this boat as we have a transom ladder.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
A table, you say?

I would be interested in the table, depending on the width of ss guard it was made to fit.
We have an '88 boat with YachtSpecialties steering, and our guard width is 12.5 inches, center to center.
Thanks,
Loren

Lan

Re: Table

Hi Loren,

Table is made for 9.5" oc. There is 13.75" between the two side supports. It would be an awfully close fit for you. Right now there are two holes drilled at each pedistal up-right and "c" bolts hold the table in place. If you mounted the table some other way you might make it work.

Thanks, Lan

We looked at the folding wheel but I didn't like it. But it does work.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Table is made for 9.5" oc. There is 13.75" between the two side supports. It would be an awfully close fit for you. Right now there are two holes drilled at each pedistal up-right and "c" bolts hold the table in place. If you mounted the table some other way you might make it work.
Thanks, Lan

For me and others reading, a photo or two would help...
Thanks,
Loren

L-G Harvey

Member I
Table

I'd also be interested in the table (if it does not work for Loren), although I'd have to measure to see if it would fit on my 30+ with stock hardware. I'll be on the boat on Sunday and will get back by Monday.

BTW, since this is my first post, congrats to all on creating this great site. It has been very helpful and I look forward to contributing in a more concrete way in the near future.

Louis

Lan

Pictures of Table

I have been trying for two days to post some photos with NO success - very frustrating to say the least.

On the posting rules on my screen the IMG code is "off". Maybe that is my problem. Any help will be geartly appreciated.

Thanks, Lan

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
When you click on Reply, you get a window for entering your text, and if you scroll down, you should see a section called Additional Options. Click on Manage Attachments. Then you get a dialog box for selecting and uploading your picture. Note that JPG works well and that lo-rez is best, and keep the biggest dimention under 800 pixels.
I do my prep work on my camera photos first in Photoshop Elements and then do a "save as" on the lower rez version I intend to u/l and leave that one on my desktop where it is easy to find.
There is information on this in the FAQ section on this site also.
Hope this helps a little bit.
Loren

ps: my IMG code is off, also. (whatever that means...)
:)
pps: if all else fails, just send them to me as attachments and I will post them here.
Addy is - sailaway10 AT comcast DOT net

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Table received, and it is quite nice!
Some adaptation will be required for my YS guard, but nothing too difficult...

Cheers,
Loren
:egrin:

Mort Fligelman

Member III
Wheel for sale

I tried to send an email to LAN....but guess I am not savvy on how this works on this site.....I have a 35-3 with a 36" wheel on a Yacht Specialties Pedestal......I think that it is a six spoke wheel, but I do not see where an eight spoke would make a difference. I have a Raymarine ST50 Plus Autopilot, and it does not run properly because the wheel is not running straight.....I think the PO used to hang on it, and it is bent.....tried to straighten it, and after much work, it is still not right. If this wheel would work I would like to purchase it, and I have friends in Illinois that could put it in thier car in early December. For the record....I sailed in Chicago...Monroe Harbor 1966-1968, Burnham Park 1969-1990, and Northpoint, Winthrop Harbor 1990 to Present....would like to be able to email directly if I can get an address.....thanks....my Email is mfligelman@aol.com

Mort Fligelman
Acapella 1987 E35-3
Boca Raton, Fl

Last edited: