• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Moving electrical Panel - rewiring

jthistle

Member II
This is the begining of my restoration of a neglected 1972- e35. My electrical panel may be in need of an upgrade? (HA!) The PO had done some "interesting" work over the years and moved the panel - in front of the nav station. I'm thinking of taking out the nav table all together and moving the panel outboard on the port side. - placing a smaller 10 circuit panel in the cubby under the shelf. Wondering if anyone has opinions about ease of use and wiring - I've been thinking about putting the panel back in its original location over the ice box but it would be easier to be clos to the batteries and engine...shorter run of heavy wire. I don't wan't to get into a situation where I can't run wires easily or hide them. The headliner is fiberglass so options are limited there for wire runs. From the pics you can see that all wiring needs to be replaced and I'd like to do the proper job on it.... thanks for any feedback - I'll keep ya'all posted.

Cheers
jason

Attachments

• IMG_1951.jpg
    IMG_1951.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1952.jpg
    IMG_1952.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 122

Mike.Gritten

Member III
There are several good threads on exactly this topic that you can find using the "Search" feature on the blue bar at the top of this thread. We have done exactly what you are speaking of and put the new panel on the port side aft of the nav station. There are pics on the site of our installation, but I can upload some newer ones if you'd like.

jthistle

Member II
ooops search...doh!

ooops on the search! Found lots of info! Made my decision to move the panel to the outboard side of the nav station and so begin the process of rewiring. Thanks for your input. Any recent snaps are appreciated.

Cheers
jason
E35 #268