• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fun time yesterday

BobB

Member II
I got in my first overnight cruise this past weekend. Sunday, I sailed from Rock Creek to Swan Creek to get a good view of the Perseid meteorites. The sail was very nice despite having a southeasterly wind. Swan Creek was as nice as ever; beautiful breeze, no mosquitos. I saw 12 or so meteorites, including one that blazed a 60 degree arc with a great tail. Unfortunately, the clouds came in around 11 ending the viewing.
The next morning brought a change in the wind, blowing 12-15 out of the northeast. Once I got out of Rock Hall channel and into the Bay, my E27 really started to fly. My GPS clocked a top speed of 7.8 knots! Its nice to have a newly painted bottom and 15+ knots on a reach. I traveled down to Thomas Point light then start the trek back. Wow, what a lot of tacking with minimal gain up to the bridge. I was happy to sail an even pace with a Hunter 36. Way to go Ericson. By 6pm, having only made it to ca. 4 nm north of the Magothy, I packed in the sails and started the A4. Lots of chop and splash, but a fun time, returning to dock around 8:30. All in all, that's why I love sailing. Can't wait to do it again.

Cheers,

Bob

Emerald

Hi Bob,

Sounds like you had a great first overnight, and that's way cool! :egrin:

It's nice to hear your experience, because even though many of us have been doing this a very long time, it's easy to forget just how neat it is - the excitement of those first cruises, the confidence of "doing it", the relaxation taken for granted, etc.

Very Good!

Last edited:

noproblemo2

Member III
CONGRATS on your first overnighter, brought back many special memories, may you have many many more!!!!!!:cheers::clap:

BobB

Member II
Hi Bob,

Sounds like you had a great first overnight, and that's way cool! :egrin:

Thanks, although I should have added "of the season":egrin:; I've been sailing and cruising the Bay since 1995, but then, each season's first is special.

Cheers!

Bob