• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

EY.o 2.0 - Upgrade & Bug Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I notice that the two 'Tag Clouds' (one from the pull-down Search menu, the other under Advanced Search) display different lists of common tags. Any reason for this?

Joe -

One of the clouds is the most 'used' tags the other is the most 'searched for' cloud.

Every night the system tags new posts and indexes existing posts; and lists those most common terms in the 'used section'. The most searched for comes from a list of the requested searches.

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Owner's Registry

Sean, When is the Owner/Boat Registry due back on line?

The data in the old register needs to be transferred, but there are issues and inconsistencies in it - so it's on the back burner. Owners are encouraged to enter their boat data in the Information Exchange profile which can be searched as cited above.

I'll have to issue an FAQ on this - as a couple of people have been asking, etc....

//sse

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Sean, why is it that the icon for linking a photo is sometimes missing from the edit window when creating new threads or replying to threads?

The attached jpg is from another forum that uses the same software.

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 45

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
After clicking on the "Edit" button, if you want to add or change pictures, you next click on "Go Advanced". As to the why of this for this site, I do not have an answer for you.
Hope this helps a little bit,

Loren

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Sean, why is it that the icon for linking a photo is sometimes missing from the edit window when creating new threads or replying to threads?

The attached jpg is from another forum that uses the same software.

We try to discourage linking to images on other sites, as when those pages change, the link dies, along with the information associated with it. We prefer to have people attach images to their post whenever possible.

I've been trying to kill the attach button for years...with mixed results (the issue is in the templates for the thread input window)....

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Sean, When is the Owner/Boat Registry due back on line?

** In EY.o Version 3.0 - --

If you go to 'Settings' in the upper right hand corner of this screen, then to 'Edit My Settings', and scroll down, you'll see the added fields for your boat information.

These fields are being populated by all owners for the last couple of years - and I am planning on making these fields searchable at some point this year (2011) - assuming we don't have any more major interruptions like that last week!

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Status
Not open for further replies.