• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E23 Mast Raising System

sleather

Sustaining Member
Is there anyone out there that has used the system???
My friends & I are getting OLD. I've had the boat 20 yrs.
& have never given it a go. Any feedback appreciated!!!

Steve Swann

Member III
Mast raising? No Problem!

What system are you referring to? The one that came with the boat or something else?

Did your 23 come with this option or do you have to build it?

I have an E25 and my wife and I have no trouble with raising and lowering the mast by ourselves - but I made a few modifications to the process that make it a lot easier and safer. Each time you do it, you get faster at it, build your confidence, and figure out how to do it with added security.

Let me know what you need and I'll send you some pics and descriptions if needed.

Steve Swann
E25 Seahorse
Boise, ID

Bob in Va

Member III
E23 options

The E23 came with two mast options: the basic setup has the mast sitting on a cast alloy base plate and it is easiest to raise the mast with a crane and set it down on the plate; the optional setup has a more elaborate cast plate with a stainless tabernacle bolted to the top. A pin runs through the "ears" of the tabernacle and a hole in the bottom of the mast, and the mast pivots forward to raise/lower. One of the best modifications you can make to the basic setup is to add a mast hinge - the one from Dwyer Spars - #2150 - works very nicely. You still utilise the stock base plate, bolting it to the upper half of the hinge. Then, for lowering, you pull out the rear locating pin and ease the mast down, using the boom as a gin pole. The big benefit of the hinge is that it keeps the butt of the mast firmly in place - otherwise it would want to wander around. I have some pics, a drawing, and a list of steps to follow - it all sounds more complicated than it is - once you have done it once or twice it isn't bad. For more info email me - I'm in owners & projects section, boat name "TigerEye"

sleather

Sustaining Member
Bumped again !!!
Anyway I've got the factory hinge & a homemade bow pulpit roller gizmo
It's the BOOM GUY thing I'm wondering about.

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Posting Issue?

Bumped again!!!! access denied, @ the end of the message I'm not
logged in, I'm p%&?><
Anyway Ive got the factory hinge & bow pulpit roller
It's a GUY thing , try me @ sleather@charter.net

I'm going to send you a note off-line on this (the connection issue, I mean - not the mast-raising issue)...

Thanks,
//sse