• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Where do you keep your boat?

Where do you keep your boat?

• Total voters

thomthod

Member II
I have an E29 and keep it at Tiger Point Marina Fernandina Beach Florida. I could put it on the river in Jacksonville, but I am 20 mins to the ocean. It is worth every penny of 10 bucks a foot!

Thom

s/v Blooz Traveler

Grizz

Grizz
Greetings from Lake Michigan

It appears as though the E, W and Gulf coasts are well represented in this thread, but the inland seas known as the Great Lakes are barely mentioned. Perhaps this will help address that: we're on a can, in Chicago, moored due east of the Chicago Yacht Club. The harbors are THE cash cow for the Chicago Park District, with non-residents paying a 25% premium to enjoy their services and friendly smiles.

The ticket for a Monroe Harbor mooring this year, non-resident, was @ $1,400, with the season running from (realistically) early May to early October. The fees to dock the same boat (Olson 34) in the marina located 1/4 mile due north would be 3 x's this amount.

I love this mooring, but also know that the arguments of mooring vs dock are akin to those of tiller vs wheel and National League vs American League, etc. Lots of hot air generated with little gained.

So, there you have it. Post #1. Splash '11 is less than 6 weeks off. Lots to do and little time to do it in. Sound familiar? Take care.

Dan Morehouse

Member III
I keep mine @ Brisbane Marina halfway between Candlestick Park and San Francisco Airport. 40' slip is $236 per month, with water & metered electricity. According to a graph posted @ the office, that makes it about the fourth or fifth least expensive marina in the Bay Area. When I bought the boat in San Diego, it was in a marina that was over $800 per month! The harbormaster there was most unpleasant, so we moved it to a marina next door the day I bought it...which was also over $800. Spent the next seven months @ Baja Naval in Ensenada where the rate was $415 per month. Rounding Point Conception on our way north, I was feeling glad to be escaping Southern California moorage rates, but sorry for everyone who still had to pay them. The Bay area may be bad for buying real estate, but it's great for mooring a boat. And the sailing is terrific.

Dan Morehouse
1981 E-38 "Next Exit"

Last edited:

Ericsean

Member III
Slip

I hate to admit it, but my village still charges by the beam foot for slips.

I have a 20' wide slip, at 35 per foot for the season plus $50 for the use of electric. There are only 2 outlets for every four slips. So for $750 I have the whole season. It is a horse shoe marina, so I have about 400' across the marina to the next boat, which allows me to back into my slip pretty easily. Oh, they do measure center to center, so the effective width is about 18'.

By the way, when I found out about these rates 25 years ago, I decided to move to my village.

Here's a google map view of my slip. Only bad point is poles are only about 15' from dock, you might be able to see the poor angle for my bow lines.

Attachments

• Rettsie Slip.pdf
    241.9 KB · Views: 122

eknebel

Member III
I am lucky to be in a water priviledged community, so $15/ft/yr which is a real bargain for a slip, in the Annapolis area.

CamD

Member II
Yacht Club

The going rate around Southern Vancouver Island seems to be around $10 per foot but after a $1400 membership fee, $400 annual fee and a two year waiting list I now pay $3 per foot at my local yacht club. Power is at cost and the facilities are better than any of the local marinas. There is even a tidal grid that can be used for free to change zincs and inspect the bottom. I've had my previous boat on a free mooring and after one season I opted to pay for a slip because the boat gets all moist and moldy around here if you don't leave some heat on in the fall and winter.

Sid

BOATBUMMS
Cruising

We are cruising and are mostly at anchor but for the next year or so we are on a mooring in Puerto Linda, Panama, google Boatbumms for location.

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
yes, indeed...sounds good ++ :egrin:

As a matter of fact I do:
Four strong, three week, two sour and one sweet.
Four parts rum, recommend Mount Gay
Three parts water
Two parts Roses Lime Juice
One part brown sugar.
Stir all until fully mixed, serve over ice with a touch of fresh grated nutmeg on top.
RT

missalot

Member II
As a matter of fact I do:
Four strong, three week, two sour and one sweet.
Four parts rum, recommend Mount Gay
Three parts water
Two parts Roses Lime Juice
One part brown sugar.
Stir all until fully mixed, serve over ice with a touch of fresh grated nutmeg on top.
RT

This stuff is AWESOME, we have been having this on Kymodoce for a long time. But only AFTER we finish a race (we've been know to pass a jug to a competitor during a race) because it can hit and hit hard.
On Kymodoce we call it "Ketchup" - it goes good with just about everything and if you show up late to the party we'll pour you a glass of Ketchup (catch-up). If you use a 1 gallon jug, 1.5 liter rum the rest seems to fit, we add the 3 parts weak last.

Pat O'Connell

Member III
Boat Scheme

Hi Respected Sailors
Boat spend 8 months in backyard in Amherst NH, 4 Months on mooring in Little Harbor (Portsmouth NH.) Mooring spot is leased from NH Port Authority. Launch service and parking rented from Wentworth Marina. We own mooring gear and have the chain and ball hauled and stored annually. Boat is hauled by hydraulic trailer. We use our own jackstands in back yard.
Best Regards
Pat O'Connell
1981 E28+ Chips Universal 5411

LEB

Member I
Mouth of Detroit River

Keeping E25+ at Humbug Marina. Last slip with a good view of Lake Erie but a bit exposed to weather and wake.

Attachments

• NCM_0266.jpg
    NCM_0266.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 141