• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

rub rails for old e23??

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
any tips on replacing old, cracked rub rails on a early 70's e23?

thanx !!!:)

TwistedLogic

Member II
I replaced my rub rail (1975 23' Mark II c/b) earlier this year. Got the material from Taco, and it fit like the original. Easy afternoon job.

rbonilla

thank you everyone for the tips....i will make some calls and
order something up.......riuchard / colorado:egrin:

rbonilla

Taco can't match it up...I sent them a sample...I am going to give the other place (canoga park, ca) a try......

TwistedLogic

Member II
This is the Taco rub rail that I used on my boat, but as we discussed before, my boat is a Mk II.
"Taco Part # V11-9795WHA50-1"
Good hunting!

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Just as an FYI ...

Wefco is one of the original Ericson suppliers, I believe - and they have the extrusion molds for every model boat...

//sse

rbonilla

humm, the 1969 must be different...i mailed a sample section and rcd a e mail back they do not stock the replacement...thanx though...i will ask about taht part number....:egrin:

This is the Taco rub rail that I used on my boat, but as we discussed before, my boat is a Mk II.
"Taco Part # V11-9795WHA50-1"
Good hunting!

rbonilla

i chatted and sent in a section to Pete @ wefco rubber, sounds like he will be able to hook me up w/a replacement rub rail...the old section sure is hard and brittle....i guess after 40 years that happins.... :nerd:

I recently replaced my '79 E-27's rubrail and (finally) found the original replacement from a company in Canoga Park California named WEFCO (818) 866-8872 www.wefcorubber.com Good luck

Mike

rbonilla

e23 rub rail

as usual, i got great tips and advice from the collective wisdom of " the ericson board "......rub rails installed and lookin' good.... :egrin: >> Pete @ wefco rubber knows his stuff.......

DSC_2234.JPG

Last edited:

gjersvik

Member II
WEFCO Rub Rail

For what it is worth, WEFCO has changed the part number from 788.0 to 4107, price is $5 per foot with a three to four week manufacturing lead time for white. They also make an extrusion for holding the 4107 and that part number is 422G and is also $5 per foot. The extrusion is now rubber and not vinyl like the original.

- Charlie