• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Air Cond question...

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
My Cruisair has always been sketchy... kicks off within a minute after starting most of the time. Just didn't use it or worry about it. Well, after replacing the water pump- it still kept doing it (old water pump was bad...). It occurred to me that the self priming pump might not be priming. Priming it down under the shower seat is a pain, so I took off the inlet hose to the compressor and slowly poured water down. HOoked it up- eureka!

Now my question is: can I put a capped "T" line on that hose to use as a priming hose? Seems no different to me than what I did with the inlet hose, just no need to do all the hose clamp stuff.

Attachments

• priming line.JPG
    priming line.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 35

Shadowfax

Member III
Chris,

I would think so. The only thing I'd do is after using the "T primer" and the system is primed, I shut it down, fill the T primer to the top, and reseal. The reason is that I don't know if the pump would be strong enough to suck air into the system if there was any left in the T primer.

wheelerwbrian

Member III
I don't have that system, but both ACs I've lived with, I've put a T to bleed on the pressure side of the pump, as opposed to the vacuum side. When opened, and even with the pump off, water flows through the pump and to the T, so it ends up being primed with no air in the system. In other words, it goes, thruhull, pump, T fitting, compressor. Very handy if I forget to close the thruhull and go sailing so that the thruhull comes out of the water and it loses its prime.

Chris,

I would think so. The only thing I'd do is after using the "T primer" and the system is primed, I shut it down, fill the T primer to the top, and reseal. The reason is that I don't know if the pump would be strong enough to suck air into the system if there was any left in the T primer.