• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Running Lines aft on E27

ragamuffin

Member II
Hi all, newbie owner of E27, love it! I am thinking of runing my main halyard aft so I can raise the main with less stress from the cockpit and then maybe add a reef and my gennaker halyard. Any suggestions on the best way to do this on a E27? Thanks in advance for any info.

Ragamuffin E27 hull #547

hcpookie

Member III
My E27 was like that when I bought it. Honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. The *only* down-side (if it can be called one) is that when you have company with you in the cockpit, it can be a bit crowded playing musical chairs while you crank the lines. Mine run right back along the top of the cabin roof.

I think there is a document that explains the locations in this forum's Documents archive. All you really need is to identify the proper mounting points, mount the winches with an appropriate support pad, and find yourself some pulleys.

I have single cheek blocks for every line, and if I were to do it over (and maybe I will!) I would buy one of the multiple-station cheek-block organizers - sorry, I can't think of their proper term. That gives you one set of holes to drill, and some room to grow if you get one large enough. Ditto for the cleats - if you get one of the multi-station cleats, you have a much more organized setup.

HTH,
- Jerry