• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

SF Bay Raft up!!

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
how late can i show up and still enjoy smiley faces? just got the tide scedual and it sucks... probably cant get out of my slip in martinez until 11:00. it is almost a six hour run down there for my well trained, highly skilled crew lol, so may get there just in time to say good-by to all or interupt everyones dinner to save their boats from mine forgetting to stop. is this thing going to go strong all night or should i keep my horns at home?:esad:or:egrin:you decide
exoduse35

boatboy

Inactive Member
Edd,

You should definitely come. In fact, I don't think the currents look bad at all for you. Most of your run over will be on an ebb. You may get there quicker than you think.

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
Well, we'll brave the mighty sea, because you said we could. As for time, you obviously think we're real sailors. :dunce:
We try real hard. Still learning the ropes, or sheets or whatever. We'll do our best and try to get there, while :cheers: are still flowing and the sun is up.
Edd & Debi :egrin:

FullTilt E28

Member III
Angel island this past weekend

I think this past weekend was the unofficial Ericson's at Angel Island weekend. At one point I counted 11 Ericson's in Alayla Cove. What a great weekend! We took some non sailor friends over on Sunday - BBQ'ed some burgers at the dock then - did a hike to the top for a good view. We were parked next to a 1977 Ericson 35 from Stockton with a slick self tacking jib set up. I told the owner next weekend was the raft up - he didn't know about the raft up, but said he would try to make it.

We finished the day by completing our trip around Angel in pretty decent breeze. Our 100% jib was no match for our Fellow RYC Cal 29 flying a 150- they caught our "E28" at the South tip of Angel, they gybed to early and fought the current in the deep channel while we found it easy going and better breeze down in the circle. We converged on RYC at the same time as they gave up and started motoring long before we furled our sails.

Looking forward to the raft up next weekend. This will be the first overnight cruise for my wife and I on the E28 and will be my mothers first "ever" overnight cruise and Raftup. She has been talking about it non stop for the past two weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if she signs up for the Ha, HA crew list party for 09 after the Ericson Raft up. :)

ChrisS

Member III
I was there too

My 32-2 was on the other side of that Nordic Tug from you. Nice day to be over there--and several Ericsons. I talked to that owner of the 35-2 from Stockton. He said that he had just completed a club cruise to Monterey and had had a great time.

We go over there almost every other weekend, and as you note, there are always several Ericsons, oftentimes more that any other boat builders.

dwigle

Member III
tomorrow

Leaving for the marina tonight. Looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow.

Don and Jan Wigle
Wiggle Room
E 38 #8

boatboy

Inactive Member
Can you say "flake"?

We feel kinda bad about this, but we have had too much stuff come up this weekend and will not be able to make it. We hope all you other Vikings have a great time in Cipper Cove.

Greg and Melissa

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
:unsure::headb:am i lost or the only one here? It is saturday 10-20 @ 5:17 Iam in clipper cove ancored out wher i can be seen, after making 2 laps around the cove i found myself alone is the party somewhere else or is it the case that batboy isnt the only flake?

FullTilt E28

Member III
We arrived a little late - but not that late!

We arrived around 3:30 and there weren't any Ericson's that we could see.

We stayed the night - learned a few things about the boat during our first overnight. LOL discovered our Battery #2 is toast - we lucked out and happen to choose that one for our house selection - Battery No#1 was fine and we were able to start up and managed the night with flash lights and running the engine for dinner etc. So New batteries are top on the list for us.

Sunday Morning we noticed an Ericson on the far corner of the cove maybe an Ericson 34 or mark III E35. But we were in a hurry to beat the ferry load of people to the top of the island. Managed to mis the whole Ericson raft up thing.

On the way out Sunday afternoon we managed to suck some type of debri into the raw water intake - we caught it long before it was a engine heat issue. We lucked out and had made it - out to the light breeze just east of Angel and managed to sail all the way to the slip back at RYC. I checked the impeller - that was fine- I checked the raw water filter - that was fine- I pulled the hose off the through hull and thats where I discovered there was something stuck in the intake at the hull. So we finished the sail sans motor - I pulled the hoses off since they need replacing anyway. I'm now going to make sure I carry a pipe cleaner that can be used to clear through hulls in my tool kit.

Oh yes one last thing - all the lines in our line collection dispite that it looked like we had lots of line turns out during our mooring effort we kept coming up short - third try we managed to string together enough line to allow us to pick up the stern mooring and them motor up to the bow mooring without running short. So longer mooring line is on my list also. LOL ahhhh -- new boats fun times.

Ahh one other thing old fuel in the alcohol stove makes for some bad cooking also. But I did have new fuel for that so once we got that cleaned up and burning nice we had great pancakes on Sunday Morning.

Sure glad we knew how to handle the boat or our mooring effort would have been much more exciting and entertaining to watch for those enjoying a glass of wine already moored and enjoying the entertainment.

Trent & Kim
1986 E28 Amani - soon to be FullTilt

Last edited:

dwigle

Member III
we need to set a time

Maui Blanc and Wiggle Room got to Clipper around 2:00. Nobody was around, so we figured that everybody else had bailed. We returned to the marina.

Don Wigle
Wiggle Room
E 38 #8

Guy Stevens

Everyone seems to have gone at a different time

Everyone seems to have gone at a different time, figured that there was no one there and went back to the marinas.

With the exception of Full Tilt which sounds like he was at angle island instead of Clipper Cove.

Guy
:)

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
looking forward to next time

well glad to know i was at least in the right place. still havent got back to my slip yet. it seems that in all the confusion of this adventure no one ordered up any wind. sunday morning left clipper cove about ten am, sailed up the west side of angel island then needed the iron wind to get back to the east where there was no wind either. the afternoon breeze never came up. as we went under the san rafel bridge the engine took a dump, made it up just into san pablo bay and watched several sailboats under tow. one poor power boat was pulling three... anyway vessal assist put us in at the richmond yacht harbor about eleven pm.- a very nice place if you haven't had the plesure. traced the problom to a peice of crap under the neadle & seat in the carb not alowing fuel in. will leave this fine establishment in the morning hopefully the trip will soon mercifully end and we can plan for another.was looking forward to meeting you all and won't hold being stood up against you this time, but we should try again soon but with some better planning. if it is getting too late to get good weather, we might try a christmas party or something and leave the boats at home, do some bench sailing and put together a better plan of attack for the next time. just a thaught... ,have a brand new viking hat and nowhere to wear it.

Edd & Debi